Associate Chair: Jerine Pegg
Janelle McFeetors (2016 - 2018)
Lindsay Gibson (2016 - 2018)
Patti Pente (2016 - 2018)
Linda Laidlaw (2016 - 2018)
Revised February 2016
Department of Elementary Education
Undergraduate Coordinating Committee
Mandate of the Committee:
The Undergraduate Coordinating Committee assists with processes related to the undergraduate program (e.g. undergraduate awards, and professional development for instructors within the department). It also advises the Chair and Department Council on matters pertaining to teaching and learning in the undergraduate program (e.g. undergraduate policies, program structure, coordination across courses).
- The Department’s Associate Chair (Undergraduate) will serve as chair of the committee.
- The committee will be comprised of the Associate Chair and four elected faculty members from within the department.
- Elected members will normally serve two-year terms.
- When a member goes on leave (e.g. parental, medical, sabbatical) their seat will be declared vacant and an election will be held.
Terms of Reference:
The committee will meet monthly to attend to the following tasks:
- Consider and make recommendations to the Chair and Department Council regarding teaching and learning in the undergraduate program.
- Assist with the process of nomination and adjudication of department administered undergraduate awards; review criteria and selection process for department administered undergraduate awards.
- Plan and host events recognizing undergraduate leadership and academic excellence.
- Identify and provide professional development opportunities for new and continuing instructors.
- Assist annually with the review and revision of the Undergraduate Instructors’ Policy Manual.